Follow Us!

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

COOK: Spicy Peanut Dressing

If I had a straw handy when I first made this I probably would have slurped it all up, it is that good!

I used it as a dressing for a Chicken and Cabbage Salad, but it's great as a veggie dip, marinade, I think it would be yummy on a cold pasta salad, honestly I think you could put it on just about anything!

I suggest making this a few hours before you are going to use it so that all of the flavors can meld together, it only takes a few minutes to mix up, then stick it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.  If you have extra (or make a large batch) it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 2 weeks.  

Note: If you can't find Chili Garlic Sauce (it's usually in the Asian section of your local grocery store) you can substitute Sriracha, and add some minced garlic.

Spicy Peanut Dressing

About 4 servings

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (I used creamy but crunchy would work too!)
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Lime Juice (Bottled is fine)
3-5 teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce (Depending on how spicy you want it)
3 teaspoons Grated Fresh Ginger

Preparation:

Put everything into a bowl and whisk until fully combined,  Add more Chili Garlic Sauce, if you want more spice, more Peanut Butter or Honey if it's a bit too spicy.  

For Chicken & Cabbage Salad:

Season a chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, cook in a cast iron skillet until browned on both sides and fully cooked through (should be 165 degrees at thickest point), cut into cubes.

I used Tri Color Coleslaw mix but you could cut/grate your own cabbage and carrots if you prefer, I also added sliced radishes, and chopped peanuts, but feel free to add any veggies you like, I think edamame, bean sprouts, or shaved brussels sprouts would be a great addition!

I let everyone build their own salad and then add the dressing,but you could mix it all together ahead of time (I'd leave the peanuts seperate to sprinkle on top when serving), and chill before serving.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment