Follow Us!

Thursday, July 18, 2024

COOK: Meatballs with Parmesan TRUFF Polenta

This is one dinner that I always make sure I make enough that there are leftovers, I swear it's even better the next day, and that's saying a lot!  It's also not super complicated, and you could make it even easier if you use premade frozen meatballs.

Using the TRUFF Black Truffle Oil to finish the polenta, and adding some TRUFF Original Hot Sauce to the crushed tomatoes takes this from "that was a yummy dinner" to "I'm going to have naughty thoughts about this dinner".  (You could substitute one of the TRUFF Pasta Sauces instead of the crushed tomatoes, I just didn't have any on hand when I made this.)  I can find most of the TRUFF products at my local grocery stores, and sometimes at out Costco as well, or you can order directly from their website.  

Meatballs with Parmesan TRUFF Polenta

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

Meatballs:

1 Pound Ground Beef (I use 80% lean)
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs 
3 Cloves Garlic (Finely Minced)
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper

Sauce:

(Can use jarred sauce instead)
1 15 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
2 teaspoons TRUFF Original Hot Sauce (More or less to taste)
Salt and Pepper

Polenta:

3 Cups Water
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Yellow Corn Polenta (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
2-3 teaspoons TRUFF Black Truffle Oil

Preparation:

In a large bowl mix together all of the meatball ingredients, I do it by hand, it's a bit messy but I find it's the best way to get get everything fully combined.  Form meat mixture into about 2.5-3 Tablespoon sized balls, (should make about 12) and place on a plate.  (I use my medium (#24) cookie scoop to scoop my meat, and then roll into a ball.)

Heat a large cast iron pan over medium heat, add just a touch of olive oil and cook meatballs, turning to brown each side, until cooked through, remove to a clean plate and cover to keep warm.

While meatballs are cooking add crushed tomatoes, garlic, oregano, hot sauce, salt and pepper to a small sauce pan to heat over low heat, or dump jar of prepared sauce to warm up.

In a medium pot bring water and salt to a boil for polenta, mix in dry polenta, and turn down to low.  Polenta will cook quickly, about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, stir in parmesan (reserving a bit for garnish), and truffle oil.  

Scoop polenta into serving bowls, top with several meatballs, sauce, and reserved grated parmesan.  Can drizzle additional truffle oil if desired.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment