Follow Us!

Thursday, April 18, 2024

COOK: Cilantro Lime Rice

I love a big burrito stuffed with so many different things you can hardly roll it up!  This rice has just enough flavor to be perfect in a burrito, or on its own as a side dish, it's also really good mixed in with my Famous Chicken Chili.

I always use jasmine rice since it's what I always have in the pantry, but you can use long grain rice if you prefer, just cook it according to the package directions.  This is also a great way to use leftover rice if you have it in the fridge.

I think fresh squeezed lime juice tastes best, but I've used bottled from the fridge when I don't have limes.  You can also substitute fresh parsley for the cilantro if you dint have any, or have someone in your house that thinks cilan tro tastes like soap like my two kiddos.

(Fun story, I always though cilantro tasted like soap, until I got pregnant with my youngest, since then I think it's delicious and I love it!)

Cilantro Lime Rice

Ingredients:

1 Cup uncooked Jasmine Rice 
1 2/3 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
4 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)

Preparation:

Put water in a medium pot and bring to a boil, add in rice, cover and turn down to simmer let cook for 22 minutes.

While rice is cooking mix together sour cream, lime juice, and cilantro.  

When rice is done cooking transfer to a large bowl, add sour cream mixture and mix well. 
 

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment