Follow Us!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

COOK: Buffalo Chicken Pasta

 This is something I have made countless times, and it's always a bit different, so last time I made it I made sure I wrote down what I did so that I could share this delicious recipe with all of you!

This was created one night when I asked my son what he wanted for dinner, and he said "chicken sandwiches" (which is his answer about 30% of the time", but I had no bread or rolls, so he said "something spicy" (another common answer), when I asked him to elaborate he said come up with "pasta" (he'd eat pasta for every meal, every day, if I let him!)  So Buffalo Chicken Pasta was born.


We use the Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sandwich Sauce, my Dad sent us some a few years ago and now we can't live without it!  We can only find it on Amazon, but since it's shelf stable we keep it in the pantry and just have a little squeeze bottle we refill and keep in the fridge. It's great on sandwiches, pizza, pasta, quesadillas, sometimes Dustin just squirts it right into his mouth... the options are endless! 

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Serves 4-6
Ingredients:

1 Pound Chicken Breast (cut into about 1 inch pieces)
16 Ounces Pasta (I like to use Rotini, Cellentani, or Gemelli)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
3/4 Cup Half & Half (room temperature)
1 Cup Chicken Broth (I always have Better Than Bullion in the fridge)
1 1/2 Cups Cheddar (Shredded)
!/2 Cup Buffalo Hot Sauce (or more depending on your taste)
Salt and Pepper

Optional for topping:

Chopped Red Onion
Chopped Celery
Chopped Green Onions
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Crumbled Bacon

Preparation:

Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook in a pan with a bit of oil, set aside.

Start water boiling for pasta, then cook according until just al dente, then drain.

While pasta is cooking in a large pot over medium-low heat melt butter, add flour, and continue whisking slowly for about 4 minutes until it starts to look a bit puffy.  Slowly pour in half & half while still whisking.  Turn burner to low, add in chicken broth, cheese and buffalo sauce and mix until everything is melted together.  Add pasta and chicken to sauce mixture, salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with a drizzle of hot sauce and the toppings of your choice.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment