Follow Us!

Saturday, April 13, 2019

COOK: Spicy Ginger Sesame Sauce

We really like making "stir-fry", it's a great way to use up leftover meat and random veggies from the fridge, and they are usually really quick to throw together.

I've shared my Chinese Firecracker Sauce on the blog before, it's one of KC's favorites, but it's very spicy and I wanted to find something that would work with any kind of meat (or tofu) but not be too spicy for the kiddos.  After looking at a ton of different recipes I made up this "Frankenstein" recipe.

I used pork the first time, and didn't have any veggies but did have a can of water chestnuts in the pantry so I threw those in.  I think this would be really good with tofu and snow peas, or beef and broccoli, or probably any other combination of protein and veggies.  I served it over ramen noodles, but you could serve it with rice, or on it's own with lots of veggies.

This sauce has great flavor with some heat that lingers, if I was making it when the kiddos were here I would probably use half as much sriracha.  


Spicy Ginger Sesame Sauce


Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (I always use the low sodium)
3 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Sriracha (less if you don't want too much spice)
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
2 Cloves Garlic (minced, or you can use garlic powder)
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger 

Preparation:

Mix everything together.

You can use it as a marinade for your meat (if using as a marinade on tofu omit the sesame oil, it will keep the tofu from absorbing the marinade.) 

Or use it as a sauce, I cooked cubed pork, then added my water chestnuts, added the sauce and let it simmer for a bit, I wanted a thicker sauce so after it had simmered for about ten minutes I mixed some cornstarch with cold water and added it a bit at a time while stirring until the sauce reached the consistency I wanted.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment