Follow Us!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

COOK: Chinese Firecracker Sauce

This is the best Firecracker Sauce, it's wonderful on chicken, pork, tofu, and I'm sure it would be great with steak as well, but if we have cut up steak we use it for KC's famous steak sandwiches, so I haven't tried it yet!

You can use something like Tabasco, Frank's Red Hot, or any other hot sauces, I usually combine a few.  We have a whole crisper drawer full of hot sauces, some are mild for the kiddos, some are ghost pepper hot and only get used by me.  The heat really comes through, so be careful if you are using a very spicy hot sauce.

The first time I made this I used a very hot Habanero Garlic Hot Sauce, KC really tried to eat it, sucking on ice cubes after every bite, finally he gave up and made a bowl of cereal and I decided that garlic habanero hot sauce might not be the way to go.


Chinese Firecracker Sauce


Ingredients:

3/4 Cups Brown Sugar (I originally published this with 1 1/2 Cups, however I have made it several times with less and it tastes just as good!)
3/4 Cup Hot Sauce (whatever your favorite is)
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Corn Starch

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together and let sit, covered at least 30 minutes.  Be sure to mix well again before pouring into your pan.

Cook your protein and veggies and turn down to low, add sauce and let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes,

I usually serve this over rice.

I like to garnish with red pepper flakes after I've dished it all up, just to add a bit more spice.

Let me know how you like it, and what hot sauces you try!


Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment