Follow Us!

Thursday, May 2, 2024

COOK: Chicken Lazone

I know this sounds like a fancy dish, but it's actually really easy!  It's one of our favorite chicken recipes, and although it's easy it tastes and looks amazing, great for serving to company.

I like to serve this over rustic smashed potatoes, but it's also good over pasta or rice, or even on it's own with a nice big side salad.

I often use my oven's Keep Warm option when I'm making meals like this, I'll make my potatoes and stick them in the oven covered, and then cook the meat and do the same, then after KC gets home I'll put my pan back on the stove and make the sauce and complete the meal.)

Chicken Lazone

Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

1 Pound Chicken Breast(s)
1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika 
1/2 teaspoon White Pepper (Can substitute Black Pepper)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Cups Heavy Cream

Preparation:

In a small bowl mix together all spices, reserve 2 2/1 Tablespoons for sauce.

Cut chicken breast(s) lengthwise into 1 inch wide strips, rub with remaining spice mixture.

 In a large pan (I use my 10 inch cast iron) heat oil and butter over medium heat, cook chicken until it's cooked through and a pretty golden brown.  Remove from pan, cover with foil and set aside.

Turn pan down to low, add in heavy cream and reserved spice mixture, slowly whisk until lightly simmering, let cook about 10 minutes stirring every few minutes until sauce is thick,  add chicken back in and let sit about 5 minutes, turning chicken so that all sides are covered.

Serve over potatoes, rice, pasta, or on it's own.  Leftovers can be stored in the fridge and are just as tasty when reheated.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment