Follow Us!

Monday, March 2, 2020

COOK: Clam Linguine

This is the first dinner KC ever cooked for me.  I got a text message at work asking if I had a cheese grater,  I thought to myself, "Doesn't everyone?!?"  That night he came over and made me dinner.  He had also noticed I was out of dishwasher soap, and my shower curtain rod had been bent and mangled (Mr. Dustin had tried to do a pull-up using the shower curtain the week before, so it was hanging but just barely!)  So he also had dishwasher soap, and a new shower curtain rod!  Needless to say after that night I knew I had to keep him!

He left the leftovers at my apartment and the kiddos each had at least three helpings!  It's now one of the most requested dinners, and it's also very simple!


Clam Linguine


Ingredients:

2 Cans Chopped Clams 6.5 ounces each (Do not drain)
2-4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Pepper (Fresh ground is best)
1 Package (1 Pound) Linguine Noodles
About 4 Ounces Fresh Grated Parmesan

Preparation:

Start water for pasta.  Add pasta when boiling and cook per package directions.

Meanwhile, in a 10 inch pan (I use my cast iron but a skillet works just as well), heat up olive oil over medium heat, add minced garlic and turn heat to low, let cook about 1-2 minutes.  Add in liquid from the chopped clams, set clams aside.  

Mix and let simmer about 5 minutes.  Stir in clams, and let sit while pasta finishes, stirring as needed. 

When pasta is al dente drain and move to a large bowl, pour clams and sauce over pasta and toss.

Dish into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and cracked black pepper to taste.

We like to have Artisan Crusty Bread or bread sticks, and a simple green salad on the side.

Follow Us on Social Media:


No comments:

Post a Comment